Converting our old chandelier to more of a modern farmhouse chandelier was pretty easy and I am super happy with the end result. Little by little we are trying to update our home to more of a modern farmhouse style and our old chandelier was just not fitting with the style, so instead of getting rid of it, we had recycled it.
We took the following steps to achieve this look:
1. Carefully take the chandelier off the ceiling. Remove the old lamp guards. (To remove the guards we needed to remove the bulbs first.) After removing the guards, the old bulbs were screwed back on to avoid spray paint getting inside the socket. If you are reusing the bulbs you can always use the tape to cover the sockets.
2. Wipe down the chandelier, clear off any dust before spraying.
3. We used Rust-Oleum Matte Paint & Primer in one Farmhouse Black. This spray paint can be found in Michael's, Home Depot, Lowe's...etc. We did three coats.
4. After drilling a few holes at the top of the chandelier, we were ready to attach the thread with the beads. Here you can get as creative as you like.
5. Last step was to remove the old bulbs, attach new lamp guards and then screw in new vintage light bulbs.
These items were all purchased on Amazon.
I am in love with these lamp guards, I love the style and it was super easy to attach them. Beads were great quality as well and these vintage bulbs were just perfect for the style we were trying to achieve.
Here is a little video of the process. Hope you enjoy and be sure to subscribe and give thumbs up!
SHOP THIS POST